How to use and care for your Cherry Stone Pillow and Wrap
Using and caring for your cherry stone pillows and wraps.
Our pillows and wraps contain lots of cherry stones which adapt easily to the shape of your body and once warmed, provide instant relief from tense muscles, aches and pains, stomach cramps and generally offer warmth and comfort.
They can also be placed in the freezer to give cooling relief for headaches, insect bites, injuries and swollen joints.
This is a 100% natural, biodegradable product that, if well looked after, can last a lifetime.
Warming in a conventional oven.
Preheat conventional oven to 200 degrees Centigrade for 15 minutes.
Place your cherry pillow in an ovenproof glass baking dish. Quickly open the oven, position dish on rack, immediately close oven door and turn oven OFF.
Ovens differ in insulation, so you may need to check the timing to achieve desired temperature. The pillows usually warm in approximately 15 minutes, whilst the larger wraps warm in about 20 minutes.
Warming in a microwave oven.
- The Pillow can be heated for 1 to 2 minutes at 600W
- The Wrap can be heated for 2 to 3 minutes at 600W
- Microwaves and pillows differ in size and wattage. Always heat the pillows first on lowest setting and if you need them to be warmer you can increase the time they go in for at 10 second increments.
- The Microwave turntable must be able to rotate completely otherwise the pillow could get scorched.
- Each time you heat the cherry pillow in the microwave it sterilizes the fabric so there is no need to regularly wash the pillow unless it is visibly dirty.
- If the microwave is also used for food, make sure it is completely clean and remove all food particles before heating the pillow as they can cause "hot spots" that may burn the pillow.
Things to know.
Moist heat is not good for every condition so please consult your doctor especially if you suffer from diabetes, have a heart-related disorder, or are pregnant before you use these pillows and wraps.
Do not use heat therapy on open wounds, bruising or other skin conditions.
Do not put a heated cherry pillow onto people who cannot remove them if the pillow is too hot, such as infants, the elderly, or the disabled.
Children should be supervised with hot objects so please take care not to over heat the pillows.
We cannot be held responsible for burnt pillows or other fire damage do to operator error.
Do not put hot cherry pillow onto wooden surfaces as the heat will damage the wood.
You can chill your cherry stone pillows and wraps in the freezer so that they can be used for headaches, injuries and joint swelling.
Place your pillow or wrap into a freezer bag. This prevents your pillow from picking up any smells from the food in the freezer. Seal the bag and leave to chill for at least 2 hours, the longer you leave it the better really.
When using the pillow chilled do not place directly on the skin. Place a flannel or some kitchen roll between the pillow and your skin for the first few minutes to prevent over cooling. The pillow acts rather like a bag of frozen peas and will mold itself to the area being cooled.
- If spot cleaning is needed, hand wash in cold water and dry flat on paper towels.
- Cherry pillows and wraps can be washed in a washing machine. Wash separately on gentle and short 30 degree cycle, with a like coloured towel so that the pillow doesn’t make too much noise in the machine or get damaged.
- All the pillows have an inner cotton bag and the seams of each bag have been double stitched to ensure no stones will escape. Please do check the bag regularly for wear and tear before washing to ensure the seams are still intact.
- Pillows can go in the tumble dryer on a low heat with a couple of towels to soften the fall. Make sure your cherry pillow is completely dry before storage.
- They can also be dried easily on the radiator.