10 Ways To Twin With Your Dog
Ten ways to twin with your dog.
Twinning with your dog is more popular than ever with high street and designer brands now making clothing for dogs and owners alike. You can get everything from outdoor wear to pyjamas available for you and your dog.
It is quite a fun trend and we are delighted that people are joining in with our National Twin With Your Dog Day as we love to see all the cute photos that people share on social media. It always brightens our day to see you all twinning with your furry friends.
If you are new to twinning, here are a few ideas to get you going. I hope they inspire you to join in and have some fun!
- If your dog has a coloured collar, harness you could wear a matching piece of clothing, a scarf or carry a matching bag. The possibilities are endless and so easy.
- How about matching T shirts! Rachel and Patch look so cute and stylish in stripes.
- Just choose a colour and wear matching jumpers. Sandy and Michelle from Scruffy Little Terrier look so cute and cozy in their grey woolly jumpers.
- Many dogs wear coats in winter so this brings more opportunities to twin. Try wearing a matching coat or jumper. Many designers have brought out ranges for dogs and owners in recent years, Prada, Gucci and Fendi have all added dog coats to their ranges. Check out sparkpaws.uk for more affordable twinning outfits.
- If you have long hair what could be sweeter than wearing a scrunchie with a matching bow tie for your dog. There are so many fabric options on our website. https://leocharleyandme.co.uk/products/handmade-scrunchies but here are Gertie and Kate wearing the Strawberry Fields Forever set. Thanks to Kate at Dotty4Paws for the fab photos.
- If you want to be subtle with your twinning how about wearing a hat whilst your pooch sports a matching bandana. We have an extensive range of upcycled denim bucket hats with linings that match our dog accessories. https://leocharleyandme.co.uk/products/denim-bucket-hats
- Christmas is almost upon us so how about wearing matching Christmas jumpers for the festive season. It looks so cute! Check out Etsy and Joules for ideas.
- Or if the whole family wants to join in the fun of twinning there’s nothing to beat a set of matching pyjamas for everyone including the dog! Check out the amazing collections that Apprentice winner, Kathryn Louise Burns has designed at My Christmas Pyjamas and Pyjamily
- If you are handy with a sewing machine you could make your own matching accessories. There are lots of tutorials on Youtube for you to watch bandanas and bows are easy for beginners to make. Get creative and see what happens. The expert Damo Witon from the Great British Sewing Bee made a tweed jacket for himself and a coat for his dog when he joined in Twin With Your Dog Day last year.
- Or you could go mad and make yourself matching outfits. I made this fisherman’s top with a matching bucket hat to go with the new collars, bandanas and leads that Leo and Charley had as part of their pawdrobe when we went on holiday to Angelsey. We had a lot of fun twinning in Wales, so you don’t need to stick to National Twin With Your Dog Day. Twinning is guaranteed to make you smile any day of the year!